Monday, 16 February 2009

Torn

It has been a long time coming
a very long time coming.
I knew the day would come
When I would have to see you again.

I feel safe like I did years ago,
I feel warm like I did years ago
I have fond memories
and some still make me smile.

But seeing you and touching you
was ohhhh and ahhhhh.
I wish you could come with me,
I wish I could stay.

I hate saying good bye cos it always hurt
and I feel like that young girl again on my way to
boarding school and hugging the shirt you once wore
so I could still smell your cologne.

Only this time I have no shirt
just the smell of you on my pillow
and thoughts of you and a mini us.
Thoughts I say .....thoughts

I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea
For I have known you for a quarter of a century
Should I say yes and damn the consequences
Or should I say no and send you home

For you have a family of your own
I'd rather hurt me than hurt the three.
I'll heal I know ......I believe in
reaping what you sow.

No comments: